As I mentioned, the Big East Bloggers' Poll goes up on Mondays:
1) Pittsburgh: 191 pts (11). Last week: 1.
2) Connecticut: 170 pts. Last week: 3.
3) Marquette: 167 pts (1). Last week: 2.
4) Syracuse: 158 pts. Last week: 4.
5) Villanova: 139 pts. Last week: 6.
6) Georgetown: 124 pts. Last week: 5.
7) Louisville: 114 pts. Last week: 7.
8) Notre Dame: 102 pts. last week: 11.
9) Providence: 97 pts. Last week: 9.
10) West Virginia: 84 pts. Last week: 8.
11) DePaul: 78 pts. Last week: 12.
12) Cincinnati: 64 pts. Last week: 10.
13) St. John's: 52 pts. Last week: 13.
14) Seton Hall: 40 pts. Last week: 14.
15) South Florida: 38 pts. Last week: 15.
16) Rutgers: 14 pts. Last week: 16.
ND, fueled by a nice win over Maryland, hopped three spots. Win or lose against 'Bama, the Irish should hold that position.
Nice article about the remaining unbeatens in college basketball: click here. Two writers from Syracuse's local paper mention Alabama has yet to play a ranked team, but do have a seven point win over Xavier and a double-digit victory over Iowa to their credit. Iowa is not as impressive as the win against Xavier. The Musketeers previously knocked off Villanova at the Paradise Jam. Also, the Tide team has had some turmoil due to the death of the girlfriend of forward Jermareo Davidson in an accident on the way home from visiting his brother, a gunshot victim.
No games of note yesterday in the Big East, though #12 Wisconsin struggled to hold of Winthrop in OT. Syracuse takes on Oklahoma St. in the Garden tonight at 7, leading up to an Arizona/Louisville matchup, both in the Jimmy V Classic.
*Updated w/ correction to Xavier victory over 'Nova