1. Georgetown- Big win, now tops in conference
2. Pittsburgh- Two big games left, could fall to #3 by year end
3. Louisville- Overcame last test at UCONN, solidified 3 seed
4. ND- Beat Marquette, all but locked up bye
5. Syracuse- Only other team with chance for bye, need two wins and luck
6. Marquette- Admittedly underrated last week, but are 1-4 in last five games
7. West Virginia
11. Connecticut- Drop big opportunity, may not win again in regular season
12. St John's- Should lose to Duke, but still make BET
13. Seton Hall
14. South Florida
15. Rutgers- Beat Cincy twice and Seton Hall at home, let's hope they aren't saving anything
Player of the Week- Herbert Hill- Providence
Freshman of the Week- Luke Harangody or Tory Jackson? Bamm-Bamm held the slight scoring edge on Saturday, but Jackson wins out with 34 points, 16 rebounds, and 13 assists in two big games.
Player of the Week was a tougher choice. Most of the freshmen would have made good selections, but I wanted to pick an upperclassman. Hill gets the nod for a great individual effort in the loss to Syracuse.
Dyson dropped 40 this week, Reynolds had 50, and Harangody had more points and rebounds, but neither contributed as well in a third category. That and you gotta win. Sorry, Scottie.